4 Crypto Resources That You Need to Know
Learning about cryptocurrency and blockchain technology is an ongoing thing; you never really stop learning. And so, here is a list of several crypto resources that I use to keep up with this fast moving space:
Podcasts are an amazing way to learn about cryptos while giving you the freedom to do other things. Podcasts are significantly less involved than reading an article, and often, you can learn more from listening than reading. Here are a few podcasts that I personally recommend:
- Unchained: Hosted by Laura Shin, Unchained is one of the most popular crypto podcasts. In each episode, Shin interviews industry experts on a range of topics related to cryptocurrencies and blockchain technology.
- The Pomp Podcast: Hosted by Anthony “Pomp” Pompliano, this podcast features in-depth interviews with notable figures in the crypto world, as well as analysis on the latest news and trends.
- Coin Talk: Hosted by Aaron Lammer and Jay Caspian Kang, Coin Talk takes a lighthearted approach to covering the latest developments in the cryptocurrency space, often offering humorous takes on current events.
- The Breakdown: Hosted by Nathaniel Whittemore, The Breakdown provides daily updates on the latest news and trends in the cryptocurrency and blockchain industries, offering insightful analysis and commentary on key issues.
- Epicenter: Each episode of Epicenter features interviews with thought leaders and innovators in the blockchain space, offering a deep dive into some of the most interesting and impactful projects in the industry.
Twitter is by far one of the most powerful tools that you can use for learning and staying up-to-date with the latest developments in the cryptocurrency space, which is why it's another great crypto resource to help stay on top of things as they are happening.
There are so many great Twitter accounts to follow, which means I would be here all day if I tried to list them all! In short, here are my favourite Twitter accounts to follow:
- Vitalik Buterin (@VitalikButerin): As one of the co-founders of Ethereum, Vitalik Buterin is a popular figure in the crypto community. His Twitter account provides regular updates and insights on Ethereum-related projects and development.
- Andreas M. Antonopoulos (@aantonop): Known as a well-respected Bitcoin advocate and author, Antonopoulos frequently tweets about various crypto and blockchain topics to his followers.
- Jimmy Song (@jimmysong): Working as a developer and educator, Jimmy Song shares his insights into Bitcoin development and his uncensored opinions on a variety of crypto-related issues.
- Elizabeth Stark (@starkness): Elizabeth Stark is the CEO of Lightning Labs. As such, she often tweets and discusses the efforts Lightning Labs is taking to develop faster and more scalable blockchain solutions.
- Laura Shin (@laurashin): As a former Forbes journalist, Shin is a well-known figure in the cryptocurrency space. Her Unchained podcast is highly popular. She also regularly tweets about Bitcoin, cryptocurrency news, and emerging blockchain industry trends, making her an excellent source of information for crypto enthusiasts.
This wouldn’t be a very credible resource list if it didn’t include any cryptocurrency websites. So without any further delays, here are my go-to websites that I use when trying to learn a new crypto related concept, or stay in the loop with the latest news.
- Medium – The cryptocurrency section of Medium offers a wealth of high-quality writers on all things crypto.
- Coindesk – One of the most trusted news outlet on cryptocurrencies
- Bitcoin Magazine – Reputable source to learn about cryptocurrency technology
- CryptoCurrencyNews – Credible news coverage of the cryptocurrency industry
- Coinmarketcap – Convenient way of checking the market capitalization of coins
For the more visual learners out there, YouTube videos are an excellent way of digesting complex information, which makes it a great crypto resource. In my opinion, there are a lot of low quality YouTubers out there, and so, I have been very selective with who I have chosen to appear on this list. A few YouTubers I think you may find of value include:
- Andreas Antonopoulos: With over 400,000 subscribers, Andreas Antonopoulos is a well-respected Bitcoin advocate and author, whose channel serves as a great educational resource for understanding the technology behind Bitcoin and blockchain. So good I had to include him twice!
- Ivan on Tech: Run by Ivan Liljeqvist, Ivan on Tech is one of the most popular cryptocurrency YouTube channels, providing daily updates on the latest crypto trends, as well as educational resources for those new to blockchain and cryptocurrency.
- Crypto Daily: With a fun and lighthearted approach, Crypto Daily offers engaging and entertaining content that covers everything from news and analysis to trading strategies and market predictions.
- Boxmining: Hosted by Michael Gu, Boxmining is a popular crypto YouTube personality with over 200,000 subscribers. His channel provides a mix of market news, educational content, and technical analysis, all delivered in an easy-to-understand way.
- Coin Bureau: Run by Guy, an experienced crypto trader, Coin Bureau offers in-depth analysis and reviews of cryptocurrencies, ICOs, and other blockchain projects. His channel is highly regarded for its honest and unbiased assessments of various cryptocurrencies and their platforms.
To conclude, learning about cryptocurrency and blockchain technology is a never-ending pursuit. If you’re out of the loop even for a few days, then you can often get left behind very quickly. These crypto resources are just a few of the things I use to make sure I don’t get left in the dust!